We Need You!
If you are a
in the fields of science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, medicine, or physics, you are invited to participate as a Grand Awards Judge for the 2015 Colorado Science and Engineering Fair (CSEF) which will be held at the Lory Student Center on the Colorado State University - Fort Collins campus on Thursday, April 9, 2015.
Approximately 400 6th - 12th grade students who are finalists from the 13 Colorado regional science fairs will compete for honors at the 60th Annual CSEF. As a Grand Awards Judge, you will be selecting the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Place, and Honorable Mention winners from your assigned division and category. The awards given are based upon the CSEF Grand Awards Policy.
Possible Conflicts of Interest:
To ensure a fair judging environment and avoid any possible conflicts of interest, perceived or actual, we request that anyone involved in any capacity with a Regional Science Fair that is affiliated with CSEF (e.g., sponsor, teacher, or relative of student(s) competing at the CSEF) to disclose this information on the Judging Information Form. All potential judges for the CSEF will be required to attest to the new Conflict of Interest Agreement when they submit their registration form. The Grand Awards Judging Coordinator will determine your eligibility to judge at the CSEF based upon this information and the decision will be FINAL. Regional Fair Directors, Co-Directors, and Assistant Directors are NOT eligible for Grand Awards Judging. Individuals ineligible to participate as a judge will be notified by March 17th.
Grand Awards Judges Timeline:
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 - Sign-up for Grand Awards Judging either by mail or online.
- Monday, March 2, 2015 - Initial Team Captain confirmation by email.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - Final Team Captain assignments by email or phone.
- Friday, March 13, 2015 - All essential updated abstracts for the Thursday, April 9, 2015 CSEF posted online (see below). All Team Captains must start initial review process of abstracts in their respective categories/divisions for consistency. (CSEF Finalists' Abstract Database)
- Friday, March 13, 2015 - Deadline for all finalists' abstracts to be submitted online.
- Monday, March 16, 2015 - Notification to ineligible judges.
- Saturday, March 21, 2015 - Team Captains finalize acceptance/denial of finalists' project moves.
- Friday, March 27, 2015 - Final day for Grand Awards Judges to sign-up (new or returning).
- Thursday, April 9, 2015 - 60th Annual Colorado Science and Engineering Fair
Essential Document Downloads and Links
The following documents will be updated by March 13, 2015 for the Thursday, April 9, 2015 CSEF. Links for the finalists' abstract review by Judges and Team Captains will be available before Friday, March 13, 2015, but all abstracts may not be posted until the deadline.
If you are having any difficulties with the registration process or accessing the Grand Awards Judging Information Documents or Links, or would like to get more information, please contact Nancy Glissmann, Grand Awards Judging Coordinator at GrandAwardsCSEF@gmail.com.