We Need You!
This year celebrates the 61st Annual CSEF and we are expecting around 365 projects and 400 students to compete this year. Registrations for 2016 Grand Award Judges are now CLOSED. Please consider volunteering in another capacity.
from the fields of science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, medicine, physics, etc. to help select the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Place, and Honorable Mention winners from the 2 divisions and 12 categories. The awards given are based upon the CSEF Grand Awards Policy.
Possible Conflicts of Interest:
To ensure a fair judging environment and avoid any possible conflicts of interest, perceived or actual, we request that anyone involved in any capacity with a Regional Science Fair that is affiliated with CSEF (e.g., sponsor, teacher, or relative of student(s) competing at the CSEF) to disclose this information on the Judging Information Form. All potential judges for the CSEF will be required to attest to the new Conflict of Interest Agreement when they submit their registration form. The Grand Awards Judging Coordinator will determine your eligibility to judge at the CSEF based upon this information and the decision will be FINAL. Regional Fair Directors, Co-Directors, and Assistant Directors are NOT eligible for Grand Awards Judging. Individuals ineligible to participate as a judge will be notified by March 30th.
Grand Awards Judges Timeline:
- Friday, February 26, 2016 -Sign-up for Grand Awards Judging either by mail or online.
- Monday, February 29, 2016 - Initial Team Captain/Assistant Team Captain confirmations by email.
All Team Captains must start initial review process of abstracts in their respective categories/divisions for consistency. (CSEF Finalists' Abstract Database)
- Saturday, March 5, 2016 - Final Team Captain/Assistant Team Captain assignments confirmed by email or phone.
- Friday, March 14, 2016 - Deadline for all finalists' abstracts to be submitted online for the CSEF.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - Team Captains finalize acceptance/denial of finalists' project moves.
- Thursday, March 17, 2016 - Notification to ineligible judges.
- Monday, March 28, 2016 - Final day for Grand Awards Judges to sign-up (new or returning).
- Thursday, April 7, 2016 - 61st Annual Colorado Science and Engineering Fair
Essential Document Downloads and Links
The following documents will be updated by March 16, 2016 for the Thursday, April 7, 2016 CSEF. Links for the finalists' abstract review by Judges and Team Captains will be available before Friday, March 11, 2016, but all abstracts may not be posted until the deadline.
If you are having any difficulties with the registration process or accessing the Grand Awards Judging Information Documents or Links, or would like to get more information, please contact Nancy Glissmann, Grand Awards Judging Coordinator at GrandAwardsCSEF@gmail.com.