Sponsored Special Awards supplement the Grand Awards given in each category and division. Organizations provide representatives to judge exhibits and present awards based on their criteria. Awards may include cash, savings bonds, calculators, computers, and/or summer job opportunities. Awards given by an organization must have a total value of at least $50 and organizations are limited to 4 awards.
New organizations wishing to join this prestigious group of Special Awards Organizations should review the Special Awards Program Policy and then create a new Special Awards Account.
Organizations that participated in the 2013 CSEF, may update their award information via the Special Awards Update Form. (See a list of the 2013 Special Awards organizations, prizes, and criteria.)
Special Award Judges are selected by the organizations who are providing the awards. Special Award Organization Judging Packets with a detailed schedule and instructions will be sent to the organization's contact person in LATE March. If he/she has not received a packet by April 1st, please contact Sam Bartlett by e-mail or by phone (303-988-2426).
****Special Award Judging Timeline****
- Judging will take place on Thursday, April 10, 2014 in the Colorado State Ballroom at the Hilton Fort Collins.
- Judges check-in will be from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon in the Green & Gold Room at the Hilton Fort Collins.
- The Special Award Organization Judge's Briefing will be from 12:15 - 12:30 p.m. in the Green & Gold Room of the Hilton Fort Collins.
- Special Award Organization Judges are allowed into the exhibit hall without students present from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Student Interviews are conducted from 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Results are due by 5:30 p.m. to the Special Awards Coordinator in the Green & Gold Room of the Hilton Fort Collins. If results are not turned in at this time, they will not be announced at the Awards Ceremony on Friday evening or included in the printed press release.
Organizations wanting to award a scholarship or Internship should contact David Holm, the Scholarship/Internship Committee Chair. They should also consult the Policy on Scholarships and Internships for more information.
At the 2013 CSEF, the following scholarships and internships were awarded:
- Adams State College awarded fourteen one-year, full resident tuition and fees scholarships to deserving students in each of the twelve Senior Division categories, plus a team project.
- The Colorado School of Mines awarded four four-year, $1,000 resident tuition scholarships to deserving students from the categories of Chemistry, Earth & Space Sciences, Energy & Transportation, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics & Computer Sciences, Medicine & Health or Physics.
- Colorado State University awarded twelve four-year $1,000 tuition scholarships to the first place senior division category winners and an additional $1,000 tuition scholarships to the best individual project winners in the senior division.
- Colorado State University, Pueblo awarded 3 $1,000 tuition scholarships to the best senior division projects related to engineering and technology.
- The University of Colorado, Boulder awarded a four-year $500 tuition scholarship to an 8th grade student, a 9th grade student and a 10th grade student. They also awarded five four-year $1,000 tuition scholarships to 11th grade students.
- Colorado Science and Engineering Fair awarded a one-time $2,000 scholarship to any school in the name of Ryan Patterson to a 12th grade student exhibiting at the CSEF.
- The US Department of Commerce awarded one summer internship to a 12th grade student exhibiting at the CSEF.