Thank you for considering volunteering for the 61st Annual Colorado Science and Engineering Fair being held April 7 - 9, 2016 at the Lory Student Center on the Colorado State University Fort Collins campus.
The Colorado Science and Engineering Fair is run almost entirely by volunteers, from the Board of Directors Members who help guide policy of the event and organization to the judges who evaluate the students' research. The only way this event happens is through the wonderful people who volunteer their time to put it together.
CSEF has many areas where volunteers are needed. Please consider helping one of the following committees:
- Awards Ceremony - put together the awards and run the Awards Ceremony. Volunteers need to be available Friday, April 10th (this group works all day, so any amount of time available will help).
- Display & Safety - inspect student project displays to make sure they conform to the rules. Volunteers need to be available Thursday, April 9th from 8:15 - 11:30 a.m.
- Grand Awards Judging - judge student projects through display review and interviews.*
- Photography - take the official photos of students at their projects and take candid photos. Volunteers need to be available Thursday, April 9th from 8:15 - 11:30 a.m. to take official photos; candid photographers can volunteer for any time during CSEF.
- Registration - process registration forms, create registration packets, and check-in students. Volunteers need to be available Thursday, April 9th from 8:30 - 11 a.m. to do check-in; processing registration forms takes place the week of March 16th; registration packets are created the week of March 30th.
- Room Set-Up - assign display space and set-up the exhibit area. Volunteers need to be available for exhibit area setup on Thursday, April 9th from 7 - 8 a.m. Assigning display space takes place the week of March 16th.
- Scientific Review - reviews student paperwork and procedures for compliance with ISEF rules and conducts interviews as necessary.**
- Special Awards - recruit organizations and businesses to convey special awards to students and handle the judges sent by the organizations. Volunteers need to be available on Thursday, April 9th (this process takes all day, so any amount of time available will help).
- Student Activities - arrange for the guest speaker, closing celebration and door prizes. The Closing Celebration for 2015 is yet to be determined, but we will need volunteers to help serve food and hand out door prizes. Volunteers can help with arrangements at any time leading up to the CSEF.
- Tours - arrange for tours at university and local research facilities and recruit volunteers to lead the participants to those locations. For 2016, we will need volunteers to serve as guides to lead groups to various labs around campus and to help coordinate the tours on Friday from the LSC.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the above jobs with the Colorado Science and Engineering Fair, please complete the Volunteer Sign-Up Form and submit it to the CSEF.
CSEF volunteer assignments will be mailed or emailed out by March 31, 2016. Volunteers can read their assignment instructions online or print them. Thank you for your help. For further information, please contact the CSEF Director.
*Grand Awards Judging requires a separate Judges Registration Form to be filled out and submit it to the CSEF. Please note, that in most cases, we require that all judges have at least a Bachelor's Degree.
**Scientific Review Committee membership requires approval by the Board of Directors, if interested, please complete the membership form and send it to the CSEF Director for consideration. SRC volunteers need to be available on March 18th & 19th for SRC review meetings. Interviews take place Thursday, April 7th from 8:30 - 11 a.m.