Thank you for considering volunteering for the 59th Annual Colorado Science and Engineering Fair being held April 10 - 12, 2014 at the Hilton Fort Collins.
The Colorado Science and Engineering Fair is run almost entirely by volunteers, from the Board of Directors Members who help guide policy of the event and organization to the judges who evaluate the students' research. The only way this event happens is through the wonderful people who volunteer their time to put it together.
CSEF has many areas where volunteers are needed. Please consider helping one of the following committees:
- Awards Ceremony - put together the awards and run the Awards Ceremony. Volunteers need to be available Friday, April 11th (this group works all day, so any amount of time available will help).
- Display & Safety - inspect student project displays to make sure they conform to the rules. Volunteers need to be available Thursday, April 10th from 8:15 - 11:30 a.m.
- Grand Awards Judging - judge student projects through display review and interviews.*
- Photography - take the official photos of students at their projects and take candid photos. Volunteers need to be available Thursday, April 10th from 8:15 - 11:30 a.m. to take official photos; candid photographers can volunteer for any time during CSEF.
- Registration - process registration forms, create registration packets, and check-in students. Volunteers need to be available Thursday, April 10th from 8:30 - 11 a.m. to do check-in; processing registration forms takes place the week of March 17th; registration packets are created the week of March 31st.
- Room Set-Up - assign display space and set-up the exhibit area. Volunteers need to be available for exhibit area setup on Thursday, April 1oth from 7 - 8 a.m. Assigning display space takes place the week of March 17th.
- Scientific Review - reviews student paperwork and procedures for compliance with ISEF rules and conducts interviews as necessary.**
- Special Awards - recruit organizations and businesses to convey special awards to students and handle the judges sent by the organizations. Volunteers need to be available on Thursday, April 10th (this process takes all day, so any amount of time available will help).
- Student Activities - arrange for the guest speaker, pizza party and door prizes. Volunteers need to be available on Friday, April 11th to help direct people to the Guest Speaker talk at the LSC Theater. The Pizza Party for 2014 will be taken care of by the staff of the Hilton Fort Collins. Volunteers can help with arrangements at any time leading up to the CSEF.
- Tours - arrange for tours at university and local research facilities and recruit volunteers to lead the participants to those locations. For 2014, we will not be needing volunteers to serve as guides to lead groups to various labs around campus, but volunteers can help with arrangements at any time leading up to the CSEF.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the above jobs with the Colorado Science and Engineering Fair, please complete the Volunteer Sign-Up Form and submit it to the CSEF. If you have difficulties with the on-line sign-up form, you may print a Volunteer Form.
CSEF volunteer assignments will be mailed or emailed out by March 31, 2014. Volunteers can read their assignment instructions online or print them. Thank you for your help. For further information, please contact the CSEF Director.
*Grand Awards Judging requires a separate Judges Registration Form to be filled out and submit it to the CSEF. Please note, that in most cases, we require that all judges have at least a Bachelor's Degree.
**Scientific Review Committee membership requires approval by the Board of Directors, if interested, please complete the membership form and send it to the CSEF Director for consideration. SRC volunteers need to be available on March 21st & 22nd for SRC review meetings. Interviews take place Thursday, April 10th from 8:30 - 11 a.m.